TYPES OF COVERAGE WE OFFER
- Ocean and air freight policies
- General average
- Stranding, sinking, burning, and collision
- Heavy weather
- Faults in the management of the vessel
- Strikes, riots & civil commotions (SR & CC)
- Pilferage, leakage, breakage, and rough handling
- Improper stowage by the carrier
- War policy
Get in touch with our insurance expert to know more about how cargo insurance can help you and inquire about coverages and premiums.
INSURANCE COST pennies per $100 of value
Contact our Agent and get a Quote
Our insurance experts can discuss your policy coverage for specific commodities or regions.
Why You Should Purchase Extra Cargo Insurance
- Purchasing additional cargo insurance is the best way to protect your shipments as it can cover the full cost of the cargo regardless of carrier liability.
Although shipping companies are required by U.S. and international laws to carry a certain minimum amount of cargo insurance, it only covers a meager dollar amount, most freight has a much higher value than these rates below, without the proper insurance, you could lose a big part of the value of your cargo.
- Ocean carriers: even if you prove they are legally liable, their limit of liability is $500 USD per package or customary shipping unit, or the actual value of the goods, whichever is less.
- Air freight carriers: are only liable for 19 SDR per kilo (approx. $24 USD).
- There is no requirement to buy cargo insurance. However, it is highly recommended so you can better protect your goods from exposure to risks – some that could be catastrophic. That’s why it is important to weigh the low cost of insurance with the potential losses and collateral damage that could occur without insurance.